Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Candy Making

David will be turning 3 on the 10th. We are having his birthday party this Saturday. We are doing a baseball theme. A few weeks ago my Mom & I found a Wilton candy mold shaped like a baseball. I used to make Justin chocolate candies with the Wilton stuff back when we were in high school. My Mom & I got the supplies & I was so excited to make the candies again.

Well, it didn't go very well. 3 of the 4 bottles exploded. One of the bottles exploded while I was filling the mold and my two index fingers were burned pretty bad. Luckily I was able to get all the candies made for his party but at the expense of my red & blistered fingers!

I sent Wilton an email this morning telling them about my experience. I told them this was not my first time using their candy products but it was my first time having their bottles explode. I explained to them that after getting burn, I would probably not be using their product again. I received a very nice email from a very nice Wilton employee (Stephanie) only a couple hours later. I actually was surprised to get a response! Wilton is sending me 3 bottle replacements and 3 bags of their chocolates!! Wow!! I was not expecting to get any free products but I'll take them!!

Needless to say, I will be giving Wilton & candy making another try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment