Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sick Mommy

I was sick today & my sweet husband stayed home to take care of the kids. Luckily, I was only sick for 24 hours, so Justin only had to stay home from work 1 day.

I had Chicken N Dumpling Soup in the freezer, so Justin made that for me. A few weeks ago, Winn Dixie had Bone-In Chicken Breasts BOGO Free. I put one in the freezer & made soup out of the other one. My intention is to make soup with the other also.

Chicken N Dumpling Soup
**This is a soup my Mom has made for as long as I can remember. I have always loved it (the dumplings being the favorite part)!! :)**

3 bone-in chicken breasts
Chicken broth or chicken bouillon (to taste)
Cabbage (desired amount)
Carrots (desired amount)

Put chicken breasts in large pot & cover with water. Bring water to a boil & then simmer. Once chicken is cooked, take chicken out of water & take off the bone; shred chicken. Put chicken in broth in pot. Add cabbage & carrots; cook. Add more water, broth or bouillon to taste.

Dumplings for Soup

1 large or 2 regular eggs
salt sprinkle
1/2 c milk
Flour to make stiff dough

Beat eggs. Add other ingredients. Drop from spoon into soup.

1 comment:

  1. Chicken 'n dumpling soup. One of the best cures known to man/womankind.

    ReplyDelete