Sunday, April 10, 2011

Pop Pop & Mimi Visit!!

Pop Pop & Mimi came to visit for a day. The kids were so thrilled to see them! David immediately wanted Mimi & come to his room & play baseball. :) We saw Pop Pop last month when he came to stay with the kids & myself when Justin went to Austin for work. But, we haven't seen Mimi since early December. For dinner, I made a roaster chicken. We had cooked carrots (I got a 2lb bag at Aldi earlier in the week), baked potatoes & Italian Herb Bread (from the bread machine). For desert, I made a chocolate mousse pie.

Chocolate Mousse Pie
**I cheated making this pie. I used store bought pie crust. The truck that delivers food for Justin's store, was going to throw away a 3lb bag of chocolate mousse! Justin asked if he could have it since they were throwing it away. I used about half the bag for this pie. The pie crust box I bought at the store came with 2 crusts so we still have enough for one more pie!**


Grace enjoying the chocolate pie.

Italian Herb Bread
**This recipe came from the cookbook that came with my bread machine.**
3/4 cup + 2T warm water
4 tsp oil
1 T sugar
1 tsp salt
1 T dry milk
2 1/4 cups bread flour
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color & loaf size if available. Bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment