Saturday, April 30, 2011

Rain, Shine or Tornado's, the Game Must Go On!

We were hit with terrible tornadoes Wednesday. The town of Moody was hit hard & has a lot of damage! I thought there was no way David would have a t-ball game but I was wrong. Baseball must go on!


There was some damage to the ball field. The t-ball field lost a dug out!




After the game, we went home. Our church is having a dessert auction tomorrow so I baked while the kids took a nap. I will post more about that tomorrow. :)

For dinner, I experimented. My family is so sweet & make wonderful guinea pigs! We all agreed that it turned out pretty good. I made a cheese stuffed meatloaf & mac & cheese cups. I think the next time, I will not bake it as long & probably not put as much cheese.

Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
1 lb ground beef
1 cup ketsup
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese




1. Combine everything but the cheese.
2. Divide meat mixture into thirds; spread one-third in bottom of an ungreased 9x5 loaf pan. Cover with half the cheese. Repeat layers, ending with meat.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.



Mac & Cheese Mini Cups

**I got this recipe out of one of my Mom's cookbooks, Fun Stuff Silly Snacks.**


3 T butter, divided

2T all-purpose flour

1 cup milk

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

1 cup (4oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1 cup (4oz) shredded Muenster cheese

1/2 lb uncooked elbow macaroni, cooked & drained

1/3 cup toasted bread crumbs


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt 1 T butter in small saucepan over low heat. Grease 36 mini (1 3/4 in) muffin cups with melted butter.

2. melt remaining 2 T buter in large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook 2 minutes. Add milk, salt & pepper; cook & stif 3 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses. Fold in macaroni.

3. Divide macaroni & cheese among prepared muffin cups. Top with toasted bread crumbs.

4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes in pans, remove carfully using sharp knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment