Thursday, April 7, 2011

We had a nice, easy going day today. The kids & I hung out at the house. I worked on a new project (a new post on that will come soon). :)
David had t-ball practice this evening. I made Goulash for dinner. I made it up ahead of going to practice. Once we got home, I stuck it in the microwave & within 10 minutes of getting home, dinner was on the table. I used Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat pasta. I have never used this pasta before so I wasn't sure how it would change the taste. I was able to get the pasta on sale a month or so ago for free. I am happy to report, the whole wheat pasta did not affect the taste! I also used Tomato Soup that I had gotten for $.30/a can. This was not only a yummy, tasty meal, but it cost us next to nothing! Thanks coupons!!

Goulash

**This is a recipe my Mom made when I was growing up. It is real easy & a hit with kids. I have frozen this before & it works out really well. I froze it before it needs to be put in the oven. Once you take it out of the freezer & it thaws, bake it per the directions.**

1 lb hamburger
Sprinkle of minced onion
Ketchup
Salt & Pepper
1 can tomato soup
1 tsp sugar
1 cup macaroni, cooked
1. Brown hamburger, drain off grease.
2. Add tomato soup, sugar & squirt in enough ketchup to turn sauce orangey brown.
3. Put cooked macaroni & sauce into greased casserole dish & mix together.
4. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment