Friday, May 20, 2011

Bake them with love...



Usually the first thing out of David's mouth when he gets up from his afternoon nap is, "Mommy, I want a snack." Today, like everyday, I asked him what he wanted. His response today was chocolate chip cookies. My response was okay, no problem!

As I was making my son chocolate chip cookies, I thought about my Christmas present from my Mom in 2007. She gave me a cookbook. It was Better Homes & Gardens Biggest Book of Cookies cookbook. Inside the first page of the cookbook my Mom wrote me a very sweet note.

"This year in 2008 you have accepted the responsibility of raising your first child and our first grandchild. With this responsibility comes one more - a full cookie jar!! Bake them with love"

As I was standing in my kitchen baking my kids cookies & filling my cookie jar, I got a grin on my face. This is a responsibility, like my children, I treasure! I am so thankful to my husband for allowing me to stay home with my kids. I get to fill my cookie jar for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment