Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Blessed Day!

Today was a day I wasn't sure I would ever get again. In November 2010, my Papa had surgery & almost lost his life. I had a very hard time with it. I have always been so lucky to have my Grandparents in my life. To this day, I am blessed with both sets of my Grandparents. When Papa got sick, it shook me to my core! I couldn't fathom the idea of not being able to hug him again or talk to him again. Still, to this day, that concept is hard for me to grasp. I am close with all of my Grandparents & enjoy spending time with them. My kids know them & love them.

Today, my Papa & Nana flew to Birmingham! My Mom came up yesterday & stayed with us. David had swim lessons so after his swim lesson, we met Mom, Papa & Nana at Schlotzsky's for lunch. I was so thankful & happy to be able to hug my Papa once again! Even though I knew he was going to be here for the next two weeks, I had a hard time letting him go. We had a nice lunch & then Mom, Papa & Nana went to Montgomery. They will be returning on Friday to stay with us for the weekend.

I am looking forward to spending the next two weeks with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment