Monday, May 16, 2011

Get Well Gift

The kids & I did not go to Montgomery today as planned. I got a call from my Mom this morning letting me know Nana was feeling under the weather. We decided to wait another day before going down to Montgomery.

The kids & I spent a lazy day at the house. We never left! We played in their rooms & watched a movie.

I found a pattern online for a coffee cozy. I tried it a few weeks ago. It did not turn out good. I decided today, I would give it another try. In the pattern, it has you knit one stitch & pearl the next. I could not get the stitches to line up! I tried 4 times & still couldn't get it right! Finally I decided to ditch the pearl stitching & just knit (since I know I can do that right). It was very easy to make a cozy because it is so small. My problem was now, with just knitting, it looked very plain. Nana had brought me a knitting book over the weekend. One of the patterns in it was for a scarf with knitted flowers. The flower pattern looked really easy so I quickly knit a flower & added it to the coffee cozy. I think it turned out very cute!


I found the cozy pattern here: http://pensandneedles.blogspot.com/2006/12/jazzy.html

The pattern for the flower is as follows:
With desired color, cast on 40 sts.
Row 1 (RS): K1, bind off 6 sts (2 sts on right needle), k1, bind off 6 sts (4 sts on right needle), k1, bind off 6 sts (6 sts on right needle), k1, bind off 6 sts (8 sts on right needle), k1, bing off 6 sts (10 sts on right needle).
Break yarn, leaving a 6" tail. Thread tail through rem sts and tie in a square knot.
Weave in ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment