Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Swim Lessons

We signed David up for swim lessons at our local YMCA. His lessons started yesterday & will last for 2 weeks, 3 days a week. We signed David up for group lessons. No one else signed up for lessons so they switched David to private lessons. I was really excited about this because now David will get one-on-one attention! :) I took some pictures today at his lesson.

Getting in the water.



Playing shy!




Swimming!







For dinner, I tried something new. It turned out really good & everyone agreed, we should have it again! Ahhh, music to my ears! ;)


Ham Steak & Brown Sugar Apples
**I found this recipe in The Gooseberry Patch, The Cozy Home Cookbook. I have always loved the craft Gooseberry Patch books. When Justin & I got married, I started getting into the cookbooks. They are wonderful cookbooks & the recipes have a craft with them in most of their books. Really cool!**
2T butter
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2T country-style mustard
2 medium tart apples, sliced
1lb ham steak

Melt butter in skillet; blend in brown sugar & mustard. Stir in apples & simmer until apples are just tender; 5-8 minutes. Spoon out apple mixture; set aside. Place ham steak in skillet & top with apple mixture. Over medium heat, cook, covered, until ham is thoroughly heated & done, 5-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment