Friday, June 24, 2011

Apple Bread

We had some bananas there were turning brown, so I made a couple loaves of banana bread. They went into the freezer for a later time.

David LOVES fruit! He lives for Summer so he can eat fruit nonstop! I had bought him a bag of apples from the grocery store a few days ago. I was worried that they might be getting a little old. I had four apples left in the bag & didn't want to have to throw them away. Since I was making banana bread, I was inspired to make bread out of the apples. I found a recipe online that sounded good & I had all the ingredients in the house. The apple bread turned out very yummy. The recipe made two loaves of apple bread so we put one in the freezer & the other we decided we needed to try. I'm very happy to have another bread recipe!

Apple Bread
**I found this recipe online at allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-Bred/Detail.aspx. I left he walnuts out.**

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups apples - peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
1 cup broken walnuts

1. In bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, place oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and apples.
3. Stir apple mixture into flour mixture.
4. Add walnuts and mix.
5. Divided mixture between two greased 8-in. x 4-in. bred pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until bread test done.
6. Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment