Monday, June 6, 2011

Mommy's Little Helpers

Today was a day of chores. I cleaned the house & got caught up on laundry. Both kids were so sweet & wanted to help. David took over the swiffer duster & did some dusting. Grace helped Mommy fold laundry. My kids are so cute!


For dinner tonight, I made chicken speedies with french bread. I made the french bread in the bread machine this morning.

French Bread
**This recipe came our of the cookbook that came with my bread machine (The Corner Bakery Bread & Dessert Maker Cookbook). It turned out really yummy! Everyone loved it!**

3/4 c + 2T warm water
1/2T oil
1T sugar
1tsp salt
2-1/4 c bread flour
1-1/4 tsp active dry yeast

Put all ingredients in bread machine in the order listed. Use Program #4 (french bread).
Before dinner, the kids & I made a quick trip to Food Giant grocery store. I found out over the weekend that Food Giant is doubling coupons up to $1 Mondays only. This is so exciting. All the other grocery stores around here only double up to $.50. I guess I will start making trips to Food Giant on Mondays! I went too late in the day today (the store was out of two of the items I wanted to get), so I will need to start making my trip early in the morning! Here is how I did today, I got...

12 boxes of Duncain Hines cake mix
1-5lb bag of Domino Sugar
3 bags of Tempation Cat Treats
2 jars of Ragu Spaghetti Sauce

Total Before Coupons: $24.34
Total After Coupons: $10.05 70% in savings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment