Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Recipe: Baded Ziti

Justin normally has church softball Tuesday nights but it has been raining here all afternoon & it looks like it will continue for much of the week. Whenever Justin plays at 6:30pm, the kids & I have dinner at Schlotzskys & then watch him play. There is only one 6:30pm game this season. :( All the rest of Justin's games are later in the evening (too late to attend with kids). His game got rained out tonight so that was sad. I hope when they reschedule his game, they will make it a 6:30pm game or else, the kids & I won't get to watch Justin play softball.






When I got the phone call late afternoon from Justin telling my his softball game was cancelled, I kind of panicked. I was planning on having dinner at Schlotzskys & didn't have anything out of the freezer thawing. I started digging through the pantry & refrigerator. This last week at Publix, I was able to get 2-15oz containers of Polly-O Ricotta Cheese for $1 each. There was a recipe on the container for Baked Ziti. Luckily, I had everything in house to make it! Yay, I'm saved! Not only, was I lucky enough to have all the ingredients in the house to make dinner, it was delicious & a BIG hit! The kids had a couple helpings as well as Justin! We will be making this again!





Baked Ziti


**I found this recipe on the container of Polly-O Ricotta Cheese. I like this recipe not only because it tastes so good but the ingredients are all things I usually have in my house at all times!**





1 jar (26oz) spaghetti sauce


1 container (15oz) Ricotta Cheese


1 pkg (16oz) ziti pasta, cooked, drained


1 pkg (8oz) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided


1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese





1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix sauce and ricotta cheese in large bowl. Add ziti and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese; mix lightly.


2. Place in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and the parmesan cheese. Cover.


3. Bake 30 minutes; uncover. Bake and additional 15 minutes or until heated through.


**Makes 8 servings**

No comments:

Post a Comment