Friday, June 17, 2011

Preparing For Father's Day Weekend!

Today we got a fun surprise, Justin didn't have to go into work until 3pm. He usually works 12-close on Fridays so to get him for an extra 3 hours was so nice! It started raining last night & it continued into today. The rain messed up our plans with some friends so the four of us headed to the YMCA. The rain had stopped so we attempted to take the kids swimming. As soon as we got out to the pool, Grace started fussing. She has a runny nose so I think she might be coming down with a cold. I fed her lunch by the pool & then took her into the pool. The food & swimming didn't seem to help so Grace & I headed inside. As soon as we got dressed, it began thundering again so the boys had to get out also. So much for swimming! haha






I was able to go to the grocery store & get my supplies for the weekend. Since Justin was with us & it was pooring down rain, I went into the grocery store by myself. It was so nice!! I was able to get everything on my list & I was able to actually think (for once) in the grocery store & make sure I had everything I need.

Justin is off work Saturday & Sunday so we have a fun filled weekend ahead of us! It looks like it is supposed to rain Saturday so that will probably mess up my plan for the day but I'm sure we can come up with an alternative. :)

While the kids took their naps this afternoon, I worked on a cake for Justin. Justin LOVES peanut butter so I made him a peanut butter & chocolate cake. :)

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
**This recipe came from my Taste of Home Cake Mix Creations cookbook**
1 pkg (18-1/4 oz)devil's food cake mix
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 T confectioners' sugar
1 cup whipped topping
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips

Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions in a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the peanut butter and confectinoers' sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping.

Split cake in half horizontally; lace bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread with the peanut butter mixture. Top with remaining cake. Refrigerate until chilled.

In a small heavy saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in chocolate chips; cook and stir until chocolate is melted. Refrigerate until spreadable. Frost top and sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving.

Yield: 12 servings



No comments:

Post a Comment