Justin spent the afternoon mowing our backyard. He hasn't had a chance to mow since before our beach trip. It was a field back there! I did some chores inside & tried a new recipe. :)
**I got this recipe from Moneysavingmom.com. It turned out really yummy. David is obsessed with honey right now & you can really taste the honey in this cornbread! I split the recipe in half since I was trying it for the first time & I got 12 muffins (see Corn Dog Muffin recipe below).**
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup honey
1 1/3 cup milk
2 1/3 cup flour
1 1/2 T baking powder
1/2 cup corn meal
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream sugar and butter. Add in eggs, honey and milk and mix well.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, corn meal and salt. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients carefully. Do not over mix. Batter will be lumpy.
3. Pour batter in greased 11x14-inch baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Corn Dog Muffins
**I found this recipe on Moneysavingmom.com. I split the Honey Cornbread recipe in half (since I was trying it for the first time). These turned out so yummy & taste just like a corn dog! I love this recipe because it is a great recipe to freeze. Just take however many you want & let them thaw & reheat...it doesn't get any easier!**
Honey Cornbread Recipe
Hot dogs, cut in thirds
1. Mix together Honey Cornbread recipe.
2. Pour batter in muffin tins.
3. Put one hot dog (third) in each muffin tin on top of the batter.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
We went with some friends to the Birmingham Barron's baseball game tonight. We had a lot of fun & all four kids got to eat LOTS of junk food (it was wild)! haha
Isn't this how everyone eats popcorn?!